Saturday, November 26, 2011

Back to the Heat and the Heaps!

The heat wasn't fun to come back to, but Dennis and Claudia were!  They came to visit for Brady's white coat ceremony and their first real tour of Houston (they were the tour guides).  

First we went to the Houston Zoo!  We enjoyed the mist fans, but it was still too hot.  There were, of course, lots of animals.  But I had never seen a cow like this at the Hogle Zoo...

And this animal is a mix between a giraffe and a zebra.  It's tongue is so long it can lick it's ears.  Interesting.
Then that night was Brady's white coat ceremony, and it was packed!  There are over 200 students in his class, and this building was stacked full of supporters.  
But he did it, white coat on, and oath signed!









The next day we went to the Kemah Board Walk.  On the coast... but not really.  We ate at the best barbecue place!  It was on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives and called Tbone Toms.  It was delicious!


The next day we went to NASA.  I'm not the biggest fan of NASA, and I like to make fun of it to bug Brady.  So I was all ready for fun, I had my camera out and ready... until it fell in the toilet and stopped working forever.  NASA did not go up in my book.  But I did get two great pictures before.
The picture to prove we were there...

And the picture to make fun of it... but also proof that Dennis was there!

But, NASA deserves more credit than I give it.  It was really interesting going on the tour and seeing a shuttle and learning about the process.  It takes a lot of smart people to put it all together... but I'm glad it's kind of over... come on, really, the moon? (insert Brady getting mad)

It was so fun having Dennis and Claudia here with us!  They helped us get to know Houston and the surrounding areas better!  And they are a blast to hang out with!  Thank you both for spending your vacation with us!  We love you guys!

No comments: