Saturday, November 26, 2011

Nelsons to Houston

The second week of September my parents came to visit and welcome us in Houston!  It was a fun weekend of eating, shopping, football, and being together!  Friday we spent the day in Nordstrom Rack while my dad found a deal on a suit he has been wanting for 10 years!  So of course, he had to get it!  It is a dashing suit!  Then, while my mom shopped for food to cook us dinner at the nation's top grocery store, Central Market, my dad and I enjoyed the nice surroundings by eating sample after sample of watermelon, pineapple, orange-carrot juice, ice cream, and more (H-E-B is good for the samples too, it's our go-to grocery store here, way better than Smiths in Provo). 
Friday night we went to Ruggles and enjoyed a delicious meal!  At one point my dad put his napkin down while my mom and I were in the bathroom, and the waiter came and folded it and put it back on the table nicely.  We came back and he kept talking about how he had never seen such amazing service, and he kept putting is napkin down again hoping the waiter would fold the napkin again.  Finally, my dad asked the waiter about this previous service he had performed... of course.  He said he did it because he thought it was my moms!  Ha.  My dad was disappointed.

Then we went to Austin to watch BYU play the University of Texas!  (Go Longhorns!)  There were over 100,000 fans there!  Amazing!  
Before the game we walked along the Ladybird Johnson Parkway




The beginning of the game was SO hot!  All of us were glistening and melting!

The picture before this was my dad reaching to take off his sunglasses.  The poor man had to wear them all night because he forgot his other glasses!

BYU lost, but the Heaps weren't devastated.  We were just excited Matt Edwards got to be there and we saw him! 
This was another fun weekend with parents!  Thank you for coming, mom and dad!  We love you both!

No comments: