Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brrrrrrr

So, to the point, it is cold.  Stepping outside feels like opening the freezer and sticking my head into it, and then my whole body.  Who does that?  No one, that is why it is too cold.  When Brady and I are feeling extra cold, we look at the temperature in Houston to warm ourselves and be excited.  
Last night my phone said 3 degrees. 
So Houston it was.  
77030.
23 degrees.
I'm still cold.  What is happening?  It is beautiful outside, the groundhog didn't see his shadow, and yet it is 12 degrees.  
So when it is cold, these are some of our solutions for today:

Socks with usually no-sock-shoes
Multiple layers of coats
No holding hands outside
Peppermint Tea
Soup
No phone calls outside.  My hand almost fell off.
Walk briskly, maybe even jog to keep warmer.   (Brady this morning said he felt bad for people who climb Everest, because they never get warm, just like we weren't.  Good point. And definitely applicable.)
Warm dinner tonight, movie, and blankets?  I think so.

2 comments:

Pamela Nelson said...

I love reading the small and simple moments of your life. I love seeing your thinking, and sharing, in a small way, your life.
The snap of Brady's pucker is a keeper, your kids will love this.

Lanée Jensen said...

Jannneeee I missss youuuuu!!!! I wanna come to the nickelcade and I wanna watch a warm cuddly movie with you!