Sunday, February 13, 2011

Two Chicken Nuggets and French Fries

Is that all?  
Nope. Two chicken nuggets and french fries from Wendy's.  It was 1 a.m. and the hubby and I were pulling out of the drive through when I heard this order taken.  Before pulling away, I reached over Brady, gave the man at the window my card and said, "Will you pay for theirs too?  Tell them it's an anonymous gift!"  And then we drove away.
Now, I wish that I was a good enough citizen to say that I did this out of the whim of my heart.  It was an assignment.  Buy someone a coke.  Then blog about it.  Maybe me telling this ruins the spectacular-ness (?) of it, but it still felt good.  If you do something just because somebody told you to, does it always have to ruin it?  When I was a kid, my mom always told me to clean my room, and I still felt good after when my room was clean.  Same for now.  As we drove away from the drive-up window, Brady and I both felt happy.
So try it.  Buy someone a coke.  Or in other words, help a stranger.  Do something for someone that you wouldn't normally do.  And then, heck, blog about it.  Spread the love.  Pay it forward.

No comments: