Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Look Before You Walk!

This past September, a girl was hit by a car and killed around BYU campus.  She was walking around 8 p.m. with a friend, and they both were hit by a man who did not see them.  Now, this story is terribly sad, and I know that.  But I'd also like to point out the typical aspects of Provo, and how I am surprised there aren't more of these stories.  In the newspaper article, it said the man had a green light.  But the two still walked.  Why?  Because in Provo, every pedestrian believes they have the right of way.  Without bothering to look for a car in either directions, students cross the street.   This morning while driving Brady to school, a girl walked out into the street when I was no more than 5 feet away.  On the next block, the same thing happened.  I think it is devastating that someone was killed in a tragedy like this, and I would hope that it would make pedestrians think before placing their lives in front of a moving car!   

Provo driving + students walking = nightmare.

No comments: